HR Operations Team Lead for Employee Lifecycle 80-100 % (temporary for 7 months)
Baden, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
- Flexible work practices
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The key purpose of the HR team is to help ABB stand out when it comes to our people - from leadership, performance and talent management to rewards and career opportunity. In all that we do, we seek to create competitive advantage by dedicating resources to attracting, developing and retaining talented individuals who are customer-focused, collaborative, innovative and driven.
Due to an upcoming maternity leave, we are looking for a temporary Team Lead for our Employee Lifecycle Team in Switzerland (approx. 7 months). As Employee Lifecycle Team Lead you will be a core member of the HR Operational Services team, based in Baden. With a team of 5 HR Services Specialists, you will be responsible for ensuring an efficient and effective execution and delivery of first level HR support as well as Employee Lifecycle processes at ABB Switzerland and the Group’s headquarters. You will play a pivotal role in delivering excellent HR services and ensuring continuous improvement of our HR processes. Furthermore, you will help us to drive the implementation of our new HR system (Workday) in Switzerland.
- Ensuring delivery of excellent Employee Lifecycle service to ABB Switzerland and the Group’s headquarters
- Leading a team of 5 HR Services Specialists embedded in the HR Operational Services organization in Switzerland
- Delivering first level HR services support (Contact Center) to the employees, line managers and the HR community in relation to all types of HR related inquires and requests
- Accountability for second level support (Transaction Center) on Employee Lifecycle related requests and processes covered and administrated in the HR Operational Services Front Office team in Switzerland
- Supervise, manage and contribute to daily operations of the team (mainly in relation to processes like onboarding, offboarding, work permits, employer and other confirmation letters, reference letters)
- Support own as well as ELC Hub team in Krakow in complex and difficult cases and act as escalation point
- Communicating information regarding all kinds of HR policies and standards to internal customers in a clear and concise manner to ensure understanding and adherence
- Collaboration with various internal partners (e.g. HRBPs, Payroll, HRIS, Legal, etc.) and external stakeholders (e.g. authorities and auditors) in an international and dynamic environment
- Contribute to and/or lead activities and projects aiming to improve, standardize and automate operational HR processes with a focus on the area of Employee Lifecyle
- Contribute to and join us on our journey to implement Workday as our new HR system
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business
- Solid educational background in commercial/business disciple complemented by an adequate HR certificate
- Strong HR background with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience (preferably in an HR Operations environment and with leadership experience)
- Good knowledge of Swiss rules and regulations in the fields of employment law and work permits
- Structured and efficient way of working and ability to prioritize and work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in use of SAP HCM and MS Office products (additional Workday experience is a plus)
- Fluency in German and English is required, French or/and Italian would be a plus
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. The recruiting process is being led by Elina Seibold, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd.
A better world begins with you at https://new.abb.com/ch/karriere
ABB Data Privacy Statement: