Quality Specialist (80-100%)
Uster, Zurich, Switzerland
- Job type
- Flexible work practices
- Parental leave
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The Quality Specialist has the role of deploying and facilitating the quality culture in ABB Electrification Installation Products, ensuring and controlling quality to exceed customer expectations while ensuring sustainable operations, and representing the customer’s voice within local teams, providing customer experience feedback and input.
- Assisting in implementing internal controls to verify that processes meet requirements, and making sure that control plans are applied and effective in mitigating risks
- Enabling and coaching employees to evaluate risks, problems and solutions from a customer/stakeholder point of view
- Utilizing systems and tools to assist the Engineering function with product data and evaluations to ensure that products meet expectations throughout their lifecycle.
- Utilizing Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) to assure effective introduction of new products
- Helping local teams apply an operational approach and process management system that are continually evaluated for effectiveness
- Performing audits and using analytics to identify risks, failures and non-conformances, and assisting in applying corrective and preventive action
- Providing quality training to local teams, enabling them to define and document processes that are efficient and under control
- Technical degree, preferably in mechanical engineering or plastics engineering
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a quality engineer / quality technician with experience in a product manufacturing environment, preferably in plastics processing
- Good knowledge of quality tools and methodologies
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft office package and SAP. Babtec knowledge would be an advantage
- Assertiveness and good organizational skills
- Ability to think in processes, work in teams and diplomacy to deal directly with customers
- Fluent German and good English written and verbal skills essential.
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB Installation Products Division (formerly Thomas&Betts),is the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer- focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering. Our products are used all around you, every day – orbiting the earth, working on Mars, on the fastest trains we ride, in the fastest cars of the world, crossing oceans, in factories producing your food, in the tallest buildings of the world, in the most modern hotels and in the walls of your home. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 38 premium brand names, our Division offerings are found wherever electricity is used.
We look forward to receiving your application. The recruiting process is being led by Nathalie Bierschenk, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: