R&D Senior Engineer 80-100%
Turgi, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
- Flexible work practices
- Gym membership
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As an R&D Senior Engineer, you will contribute significantly to technology and product development projects by identifying and implementing innovative solutions.
Reporting to the Head of R＆D mechanics MV-Drives, you will use your technical knowledge to oversee development tasks and to contribute to strategic technology plans and the project portfolio.
In this role you will act as an individual contributor using in-depth knowledge in Medium Voltage Drives area to execute complex or specialized projects / challenges often thinking independently to challenge traditional solutions. Comprehensive knowledge of related disciplines in the organization is needed. You will also work independently, applying established standards and instruct or coach other professionals.
- Solving complex industrial problems, and reviewing current technologies to choose effective applications, equipment and methods for new products
- Performing a variety of complex technology/engineering assignments, typically utilizing advanced, innovative techniques
- Training junior team members when needed, and heading up or participating in projects
- Keeping up to date with technologies, tools and methods, and implementing initiatives to improve operations and customer satisfaction
- Providing expert assistance for projects and colleagues, acting as a mentor and disseminating lessons learned
- Providing consulting services to business operations and customers, and representing the group/team in engineering
- Developing project IP strategies, as well as identifying and managing risks in R&D projects
- Degree in Mechanical Eng. ETH/FH or equivalent and/or Mechatronics
- Min of 5 years of experience in Cabinet design, converters system design, wind technologies or very similar Electro-mechanical system and related test/certification procedure, working as Lead engineer, Project manager or Work package leader
- Sound knowledge of ERP, SAP, BOM and master data management
- Good knowledge of CAD design (Creo7 or similar) and simulations (Creo simulation+ / Ansys)
- A solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills
- Fluent in English and Basic knowledge in German
- Willingness to work part-time in Turgi Lab/offices
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. The recruiting process is being led by Nathalie Bierschenk, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd.
A better world begins with you at https://new.abb.com/ch/karriere
ABB Data Privacy Statement: