R&D Engineer (80-100%)
Baden, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
- Flexible work practices
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this position, you will contribute ideas for innovative technology developments and solutions, working to solve industrial problems.
Reporting to the Head of Turbocharging Solutions, you will contribute creative ideas to R&D projects in the field of turbocharging & engine system. You will propose follow-up projects and activities based on new ideas, targeting medium and long-term solutions and products bringing real added value to our customers. You will be part of the advanced technology department.
- Developing in-depth understanding of engine and turbocharging systems technology, complemented by knowledge of system integration and optimization
- Creating and assessing new ideas, such as innovative air management system solutions beyond the specific needs of engine OEM’s, in alignment with technology strategy
- Monitoring technology developments in engine development and related upcoming technologies (performance, alternative fuels, emissions, hybridization) and identifying technical drivers for R&D projects
- Performing simulation-assisted turbocharging system analysis, design, and optimization studies, and providing support to business operations and customers
- Participating in R&D projects, identifying risks and coordinating activities
- Critically assessing and improving mathematical and physical models for the simulation of turbocharging systems
- Participating in and enhancing an ecosystem of collaboration partners, both inside and outside of the company, with focus on advanced technology units, forums, and academic institutions
- Master’s in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Great interest in the field of internal combustion engines, thermodynamics, turbomachinery and future technologies for propulsion and power generation applications
- Familiarity with system simulation tools, interest in project management and related tools and methodologies
- An analytical and solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to start on new topics
- Skills and interest in mathematical and physical modelling are an asset
- Fluency in English required, German is an asset
More about us
ABB Turbocharging manufactures and maintains turbochargers for engines on ships, power stations, diesel locomotives and large, off-highway vehicles. We strive to be a trusted partner in supporting our customers transit towards sustainable industries with innovative technology, expertise and smart solutions.
We look forward to receiving your application. The recruiting process is being led by Elina Seibold, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: