R&D Senior Engineer (80-100%)
Baden, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
- Flexible work practices
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As an R&D Senior Engineer, you will contribute significantly to technology and product development projects by identifying and implementing innovative solutions.
Reporting to the Head of Mechatronics engineering, you will use your technical knowledge to oversee development tasks and to contribute to strategic technology plans and the project portfolio.
- With focus on mechatronics and IOT sensors, solving complex industrial problems and reviewing current technologies to choose effective application, equipment and methods for new products or software
- Keeping up to date with technologies, tools and methods, and take initiatives to improve operations and customer satisfaction
- Initiate discussions to test new ideas and promotion of them
- Leading R&D projects incl. risk and stakeholder management involving 3rd party companies and collaboration partners in an international environment
- Performing a variety of complex technology/engineering assignments involving also software algorithms development, typically utilizing advanced, innovative techniques
- Acting as a subject matter expert and providing expert assistance for projects and colleagues, acting as a mentor and disseminating lessons learned
- Providing consulting services to business operations and customers, and representing the group/team in engineering
- At least 5 years of experience in design, development and realization of mechatronics systems and connected sensor in IOT environment, working as R&D engineer with mechatronics systems and sensors
- Good project management skills
- Sound knowledge of Matlab/Simulink and C and Field Bus systems, in particular CAN
- Knowledge of TFS/GIT is beneficial
- A solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills
- A master of science in electrical, mechanical or mechatronics engineering
- Fluency in German and English required
More about us
ABB Turbocharging manufactures and maintains turbochargers for engines on ships, power stations, diesel locomotives and large, off-highway vehicles. We strive to be a trusted partner in supporting our customers transit towards sustainable industries with innovative technology, expertise and smart solutions.
We look forward to receiving your application. The recruiting process is being led by Elina Seibold, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: