R&D Design Engineer (80-100%)
Baden, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
- Flexible work practices
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Turbocharging (www.abb.com/turbocharging) is at the helm of the global industry in the manufacture and maintenance of turbochargers for 500 kW to 80+ MW diesel and gas engines. Our leading-edge technology and innovation enable our customers to perform better and produce fewer emissions, even in the toughest terrains. Approximately 200.000 ABB turbochargers are in operation across the globe on ships, power stations, gen-sets, locomotives and large, off-highway vehicles. We have over 100 Service Stations in more than 50 countries worldwide, relying on a strong and fast backbone.
We are looking to appoint a R&D Design Engineer for our product development team for radial and rail turbochargers. In close cooperation with interdisciplinary teams you are responsible for design and product documentation for our cutting-edge portfolio. Being part in project teams, you will plan and manage tasks in intercultural teams. You will take part in tasks and projects over the product’s complete life cycle. If you are an open-minded personality with ambitions to work with a cutting-edge market leader in turbocharging technology, then we look forward to receiving your application.
- Design and product documentation for cutting-edge and robust turbocharger products
- Being part of projects and tasks all over the product life cycle
- Cooperate closely with product groups across the whole value chain (project management, base development, procurement, manufacturing and service)
- Take the lead and design responsibility for multiple tasks and project activities
- Define, plan and manage tasks in international and intercultural teams
- Living up ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- At least 2 years professional experience in a similar field
- Experience in design of thermal turbomachinery is a plus
- Profound knowledge in 3D CAD/CAE design tools (preferably in CATIA V5)
- Knowledge in state-of-the-art ERP systems (preferably in SAP)
- Taking initiative and responsibility, having a precise and open-minded personality
- Fluency in German and English required
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. The recruiting process is being led by Elina Seibold, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd.
A better world begins with you at https://new.abb.com/ch/karriere
ABB Data Privacy Statement: