Local Division Health, Safety and Environment Manager (80-100%)
Baden-Dattwil, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
- Flexible work practices
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As Local Division Health, Safety and Environment Manager, you will be assisting managers and employees to deliver a high-performing culture through clear line management accountability and a competent organization in the division of Process Industries. You will lead improvements in health, safety and environment (HSE) performance to ensure a high-performing health and safety culture as well as a strong focus on the environment.
- Driving continuous improvement by implementing the Group HSE ABB Way HSE/SA Management System
- Leading the implementation of activity based risk assessment program in cooperation with stakeholders
- Coordinate the development of training and improvement programs ensuring all processes and corrective actions are in place
- Ensuring that the policies, instructions and tools are compliant with the Division HSE/SA management system requirements
- Monitor and review Safe Operating Procedures to ensure effectiveness and compliance at all levels
- Coordination of location specific Security concept (emergency planning, access security)
- Ensuring effective two-way communication in identifying and sharing best HSE practices
- Reporting on performance of ABB Sustainability goals, KPIs and HSE incidents
- Helping to define the annual HSE budget, monitoring and managing performance against financial targets and constraints, overseeing audits in the field of Mining, Aluminum & Cement
- Planning and executing HSE projects, managing resources and reporting on goals and progress
- Leading the HSE self-assessment and internal auditing program
- Collaborating and participating in work of ABB Switzerland country HSE core teams
- Participating in Central and South European Hub Division HSE teamwork
- 5+ years of experience in system related projects combined with global field service activities
- Knowledge and experience of Health and Safety and Environment management systems specifically BS ISO 45001 and BS ISO 14001
- Sound knowledge of HSE global standards and local legislation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office skills: Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook essential
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach and ability to manage complex issues and work in cross-functional teams
- Hold a recognized HSE qualification Degree (NEBOSH, IOSH, SUVA) or equivalent
- Strong communication skills in English (both written and spoken), German and Spanish are a plus
More about us
Process Industries division delivers complete electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products and lifecycle services across industries. Engineering and delivering automation solutions from device to monitoring and control make our customers get more out of their investment; digitalization solutions including collaborative operations and augmented reality help improve plant and enterprise productivity, reduce maintenance and energy costs. Our engineering, project management, services and solutions portfolio covers a wide range of industries - Mining, Pulp & Paper, Metals, Aluminum and Cement, Data centers and Food and Beverage.
We look forward to receiving your application. The recruiting process is being led by Sophia Papavero, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: