Scientist in Cybersecurity and Data Analytics 80 - 100%
Baden-Dattwil, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
- Flexible work practices
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a research scientist, you will be working on the future architecture of ABB’s software-based products, with a special focus on security features and processes, data analytics, and the intersection of these topics. We are looking for a team member with a proven research track record and the eagerness to transfer and apply world class academic research into an industrial environment. You will work within the highly motivated, international team of scientists in ABB Research. We offer an open and innovative work environment with many diverse opportunities to grow your career.
- Generate research proposals for projects that turn state-of-the-art research results into effective solutions for ABB
- Contribute / lead research projects in the area of software with a strong focus on cyber security and/or data analytics
- Generate prototypes of developed concepts with real business impact
- Evaluate new technologies and conduct technical surveys
- Disseminate your results in scientific publications, patent applications, and technical reports
- Build a network in the company and actively distribute your knowledge and expertise
- PhD in computer science or in a related field
- Theoretical and practical knowledge in cybersecurity or IT system security
- Basic knowledge of data analytics or artificial intelligence
- Knowledge of distributed systems is a plus
- Proven track record at top scientific conferences and journals
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to start on new topics
- Willingness to contribute to industrial software projects
- Excellent communication skills and team player attitude
- Experience in software engineering and good programing skills
- Proven track record of getting ideas from concept to prototype
- Excellent command (written & oral) of the English language
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. The recruiting process is being led by Stephan Marc Kuehne, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd.
A better world begins with you at https://new.abb.com/ch/karriere
ABB Data Privacy Statement: