Power Electronics Engineer for Energy Storage Systems (80-100%)
Turgi, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
- Flexible work practices
- Gym membership
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this position, you will contribute ideas for innovative technology developments and solutions, working to solve industrial problems.
- Developing and simulating new battery systems consisting of cells and battery management system (BMS) for applications in the e-mobility and railroad sector
- Interdisciplinary collaboration with the control and mechanical engineers in the definition of computational algorithms and the integration of components and circuits in battery systems
- Working to improve operations and increase customer satisfaction according to incoming requests, and providing consulting services to business operations and customers
- Participating in working teams, disseminating technical/scientific knowledge in projects, and assisting colleagues in applying processes and tools
- Participating in networks to expand knowledge of the targeted area of expertise in the development of data models for the monitoring and further development of battery systems
- Ensuring alignment with targets and coordinating activities
- Identifying risks in R&D projects
- Experience in power electronics or system design
- Experience in battery development and sizing desirable
- Enthusiasm for storage systems and power electronics, as well as for new product development and improvement
- Sound knowledge of measurement techniques and the design of test setups
- A solution-focused and structured approach as well as strong written and spoken communication skills
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering with focus on power electronics
- Proficient knowledge in English, very good communication skills in German desirable
More about us
ABB Traction is a leader in traction technologies, driving innovation in rail and e-mobility. Our propulsion, auxiliary and energy storage solutions contribute to making transportation more sustainable, while saving energy every day. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day.
We look forward to receiving your application. The recruiting process is being led by Sophia Papavero, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: