Specialist in transport, trade & logistics (80-100%)
Turgi, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Take the next step in your career at ABB: Drive the transformation of society and industry into a more productive and sustainable future in a global team. At ABB we promote diversity and inclusion in all areas - whether age, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, with or without a disability. Together we stand up for individual differences - both individually and together.
Support us in making our transport and logistics even better. As a logistics professional, you will master the on-time dispatch of tested traction converters along the entire process from the test to the truck. You contribute to our success through your social skills and your warehouse management skills. Is quality as important to you as it is to us? Does working with modern software systems for planning and scheduling in logistics sound interesting to you? Excellent: Welcome to ABB, welcome to the Converter Testing & Dispatch Center, Traction department.
- Responsibility for the entire delivery of the tested traction converters, taking into account quality, deadline and cost factors
- Organization and handling of material transports
- Appropriate packaging activities
- Final quality control before shipping to the customer
- Loading / unloading, if necessary with the help of a crane
- Provision and attachment of the necessary transport documents and export receipts
- Empties management
- Management of the various internal testing & dispatch warehouses
- 1st level support for operational logistics issues
- Ensuring safety, order and cleanliness in the area of activity
- Close cooperation with internal teams regarding the efficiency and effectiveness of the delivery processes
- Participation in the development and implementation of improved processes and systems as well as data management
- Well-founded training as an EFZ logistician
- Professional experience in the field of transport and logistics
- Confident handling of SAP and MS Office (especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- High degree of flexibility
- As a motivated team player, you enjoy working independently and in a goal-oriented manner
- Strong hands-on mentality
- Fluent knowledge of German and a good knowledge of English are an advantage
More about us
ABB Traction is a leader in traction technologies, driving innovation in rail and e-mobility. Our propulsion, auxiliary and energy storage solutions contribute to making transportation more sustainable, while saving energy every day. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. The recruiting process is being led by Sophia Papavero, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. A better world begins with you at https://new.abb.com/ch/karriere
ABB Data Privacy Statement: