Scientist in Digitalization of Industrial Systems with Focus on Data Analytics (80-100%)
Baden-Dattwil, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
- Flexible work practices
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a research scientist, you will be working on the future architecture and design of ABB’s digital products and solutions, with a special focus on machine learning systems in collaboration with the ABB divisions. We are looking for a team member with a proven
research track record and the eagerness to transfer and apply world class academic research into an industrial environment. You will work within the highly motivated, international team of scientists in ABB Research. We offer an open and innovative work environment with many diverse opportunities to grow your career.
- Contribute and guide research projects in the area of digitalization of industrial systems
- Create prototypes of developed concepts with real business impact
- Evaluate new technologies and conduct technical surveys
- Disseminate your results in scientific publications, patent applications, and internally to business stakeholders
- Contribute to the creation of new research proposals for projects that turn state-of the-art research results into effective solutions for ABB divisions
- Build a network in the company and actively share your knowledge and expertise
- PhD in computer science or in a related field
- Theoretical and practical knowledge in one or multiple of the following topics: data analytics, virtualization technologies, embedded systems, real-time systems, and distributed systems
- Publication track record at established scientific conferences and journals
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to start on new topics
- Excellent communication skills and team player attitude
- Experience in software engineering and good programming skills
- Experience of bringing ideas from concepts into prototypes
- Excellent command (written & oral) of the English language
More about us
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool.
The recruiting process is being led by Sophia Papavero, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. A better world begins with you at https://new.abb.com/ch/karriere
ABB Data Privacy Statement: