Project Manager HR Carve-Out Lead (80-100%)
Baden, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
- Flexible work practices
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this global leadership role as “Project Manager HR Carve-Out Lead” you are responsible in leading the HR services transformation of ABB Turbocharging as part of its overall carve out project. This includes changing the current HR deliveries which have been provided so far from ABB internal “Global Business Services” and “Centres of Expertise” so that they match the new future Turbocharging business setup outside ABB. The new HR services must meet the needs of the internal customers around the globe. In this role you are going to have a unique opportunity to build up what you also will operate in the future.
You will work closely with the existing HR leadership team and HR Business Partners and report directly to the Global HR Manager Turbocharging. Within the transformation project several workstreams are in the planning stages like HR, finance and controlling, IT-applications, tax, real estate, and service footprint. You will be a member of the overall Project Management Team and will work closely with the other disciplines to make this business transformation a great success.
This role is a unique opportunity for someone who likes to shape a future HR organization. All our local divisions worldwide are involved and shall be supported with new tools covering newest technologies and innovative methodologies, while sunsetting legacy systems. You will need to be experienced in dealing with ambiguity, in translating strategies into new operation HR models, services and processes.
- Analysing the current “HR Operating Model” in order to propose a transformation route
- Carving out, re-designing and implementing relevant HR services, processes and systems from the existing ABB landscape
- Elaborating and building up future HR organization and operations with internal and external services (clone, make or buy)
- Establishing professional HR sourcing/contracting processes and capabilities
- Managing complex vendor relationships, including vendor selection and service agreement processes
- Leading the implementation of company-wide global HR projects, programs, systems and initiatives for Turbocharging globally
- Developing, leading and implementing change initiatives, drive adoption and proficiency of changes within organization and different stakeholder groups
- Coordinating and planning of pre- and post HR day 1 activities
- Supporting the development of transformative solutions utilising new digital/cloud technologies to deliver value at pace
- Supporting the HR Manager and HR Leadership Team in decision-making; providing detailed and thoughtful recommendations to deliver and run the business pre and post transaction finish
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 10 years of international HR experience with a proven track-record in the function of a HR Project Manager
- Capabilities in HR management, organizational development and project management, HR Operations, Compensation & Benefit etc. preferably in a mid-sized international, stock listed company
- Strong Change Management skills including the ability to successfully navigate complexity and ambiguity
- Ability to translate HR and business needs into HRIS/IT language
- Experience of developing governance practices to track and measure the quality of services and maintain service improvement plans
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptionally committed, interpersonal savvy
- Ability to negotiate smoothly with strong people management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English and German)
More about us
ABB Turbocharging (www.abb.com/turbocharging) is at the helm of the global industry in the manufacture and maintenance of turbochargers for 500 kW to 80+ MW diesel and gas engines. Our leading-edge technology and innovation enable our customers to perform better and produce fewer emissions, even in the toughest terrains. Approximately 200.000 ABB turbochargers are in operation across the globe on ships, power stations, gen-sets, diesel locomotives and large, off-highway vehicles. We have over 100 service stations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
On November 19, 2020, ABB announced the planned divestment of its Turbocharging Division. Turbocharging is a successful and profitable Division in a mature market and has been for long a highly self-reliant business within ABB, which has decided to take this step, acknowledging that for Turbocharging to realize its full potential going forward, a new setup is required. As the next step, alternative ownership options, including a spin-off to the Swiss stock market, will be assessed, considering value for customers, ABB and the future of the turbocharging business.
We look forward to receiving your application. The recruiting process is being led by Elina Seibold, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: