Trade Compliance Specialist (80-100%)
Baden, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
- Flexible work practices
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Assisting the business function and/or business line, as a Trade Compliance Specialist, you will consult and support on trade compliance matters.
Reporting to the General Manager Value Chain Excellence, you will secure compliance to specific Trade Compliance requirements of all business lines and help ensuring cost savings through FTA (free trade agreement) opportunities along value chain
- Support business with trade compliance issues on day to day basis
- Monitor fulfilment of trade compliance requirements along value chain of Process Automation Turbocharging
- Monitor/ ensure correct origin/ preference calculation through SAP GTS and initiate/ implement required corrective actions resp. prompt adjustments
- Lead/ implementation of process improvement projects
- Ensure compliance with Audits
- Provide specific training for business lines
- Regular communication between various process partners (suppliers, forwarders, customs broker, customs authorities and internal stakeholders (product-, service business and/ or central functions
- Qualified commercial education with practical experience in Trade Compliance
- Any further education is of advantage (Aussenhandelsfachmann/ -frau resp. Exportfachmann/frau oder Zolldeklarant/deklarantin)
- Over 5 years’ practical experience in trading in an international business environment
- Several years of experience in Project Management (lead and participation)
- Knowledge about TARES and Rules of origin and preferences
- Technical skills and comprehension and experience in a technical orientated environment
- Fluent in German and English (spoken and written)
- Good communication and organizational skills, with a good sense for cooperation with various process stakeholders
More about us
ABB Turbocharging manufactures and maintains turbochargers for engines on ships, power stations, diesel locomotives and large, off-highway vehicles. We strive to be a trusted partner in supporting our customers transit towards sustainable industries with innovative technology, expertise and smart solutions.
We look forward to receiving your application. The recruiting process is being led by Sophia Papavero, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: