IT Transformation Lead (80-100%)
Baden, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This is a global leadership role since the IT transformation will be carried out in all units distributed in 50 countries with an IT operations budget of 30 MCHF. You will be based in Switzerland as part of a talented team who will work closely with you to make this business transformation a great success. After the transition you will be in an excellent position to potentially take the lead of the global IT operations organization.
Extensive business acumen will be needed. Are you able to take a seat at the table and negotiate for optimal IT outsourcing contracts with experienced suppliers? Do you have a proven track record in large IT-carve-out projects, service-design and -implementation with extensive knowledge in the IT/technology arena (platform hosting, managed services, datacenter, SAAS, cloud computing, cyber- and IT security)? Are you exceptionally committed, a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to apply logical thinking and a good reasoning ability to tactical problems? Then we are looking forward to meeting you!
- Lead the large scale and complex global IT operations transformation project as part of the Turbocharging carve-out program
- Understand the current and elaborate the future IT operating models. Propose a transformation route. Focus will be on network, hosting, end-user services and IT security, since these topics have been managed entirely by the ABB Group so far
- IT sourcing/contracting with focus on TCO
- Elaborate, negotiate and manage global service level agreements
- Select and manage global IT providers, run RFI and RFP processes
- Build up future IT operation organization with internal and external services (clone, make or buy) with service delivery process according to ITIL.
- Coordination and planning of pre- and post-day 1 IT activities
- Development of transformative solutions utilising new digital / cloud technologies to deliver value at pace
- Stable operation of our global ERP and service execution system
- Support the CIO and the IT leadership team in decision-making; providing detailed and thoughtful recommendations to deliver and run the business pre and post transaction close
- Experience with operation/transformation of complex business applications like SAP, SAP BW, MS Dynamics CRM, global CAx/PDM with a strong service delivery mindset
- Strong negotiation skills with experience in contract management for IT services
- You have designed and implemented service delivery processes (ITIL) and shared services (near- offshoring) for a comparable organization
- Experience of developing governance practices to track and measure the quality of services and maintain service improvement plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English is a must), including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the I&O (Infrastructure and Operations) workforce
- Relevant university degree combined with a minimum of 10 years of work experience in a similar role within an industry/service environment
- Strong problem-solving, people management and change management skills
More about us
ABB Turbocharging manufactures and maintains turbochargers for engines on ships, power stations, diesel locomotives and large, off-highway vehicles. We strive to be a trusted partner in supporting our customers transit towards sustainable industries with innovative technology, expertise and smart solutions. The recruiting process is being led by Elina Seibold, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: