Global IT Category Manager (80-100%)
Baden, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
- Flexible work practices
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This is a global leadership role since our company has subsidiaries in 50 countries. You will be reporting to the CIO, based in Switzerland as part of a talented IT leadership team who will work closely with you to define demand, decide on make or buy then to select, evaluate and manage vendor partnerships.
Unlike a usual IT procurement manager, you will focus on the end-to-end TCO when selecting our IT partners. With the help of your strong IT skills, you will consider each factor that influences a vendor’s overall value. In addition to cost and quality of a service, you will evaluate the benefits and risks of partnering with a vendor, their reliability, the long-term compatibility and their intangible values. Ultimately, your goal is to maximize value and minimize risk.
Are you exceptionally committed, a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to apply logical thinking and a good reasoning ability to tactical problems? Then we are looking forward to meeting you!
- Develop and update IS Partnering and Sourcing Strategy as part of the company’s overall IS Strategy document, renewed in a 3 year cycle and in cooperation with the company’s sourcing department.
- Build ongoing vendor relationships
- Build a strong foundation for a win-win long-term collaboration with our suppliers to facilitate further development of strategic applications and platforms
- Partner with internal customers to understand business needs
- Partner with project sponsors, project managers and department leads to understand business requirements - then, establish requirements, scope and criteria for the evaluation of IT partners
- Develop IT procurement policies
- Establish, analyse and optimize the business’s IT procurement strategy ensuring alignment with business goals, such as service level agreements, and the IT- and procurement strategy
- Analyse procurement data
- Collect and interpret procurement data including cost analysis reporting, benchmarking spend, RFP data and return on investment
- Manage vendor selection
- Leverage RFx process to facilitate strategic sourcing and manage the RFP timeline. Lead initial market research and vendor profiles to aid supplier selection. Create, issue and manage RFPs. Manage proposal evaluation and final vendor selection; sourcing
- Use vendor management best practices throughout negotiation, contracting, onboarding and renewal; conduct regular vendor performance evaluations and supplier risk assessments
- Optimize IT procurement processes
- Perform regular reviews of our established IT procurement processes to ensure continual improvement. Subsequently refining policies, due diligence questionnaires and RFP templates
- In cooperation with your peers, i.e. Head of IS Operations and applications you will be responsible for SLA fulfilment, supplier sustainability/compliance, cash management and cost reduction with a TCO perspective; establish and run proper governance on strategic and operational level with relevant suppliers
- Strong IT background and proven track record in comparable position of 5-10 years; experience in implementing applications like SAP, SAP BW, MS Dynamics CRM, CAx/PDM
- Relationship and conflict management
- Strong negotiation skills with experience in contract management for IT services Navigating tricky situations with tact and respect yielding positive results
- Strategic thinking and creative problem solving along with being adaptable
- Detail orientation, creativity
- Availability to navigate dense, complex documents and then advocate for your business
- Communication and collaboration skills
- Fluency in English required
More about us
ABB Turbocharging (www.abb.com/turbocharging) is at the helm of the global industry in the manufacture and maintenance of turbochargers for 500 kW to 80+ MW diesel and gas engines. Our leading-edge technology and innovation enable our customers to perform better and produce fewer emissions, even in the toughest terrains. Approximately 200.000 ABB turbochargers are in operation across the globe on ships, power stations, gen-sets, diesel locomotives and large, off-highway vehicles.
November 19, 2020, ABB announced the planned divestment of its Turbocharging Division. Turbocharging is a successful and profitable Division in a mature market and has been for long a highly self-reliant business within ABB. ABB has decided to take this step, acknowledging that for Turbocharging to realize its full potential going forward, a new setup is required. As the next step, alternative ownership options, including a spin-off to the Swiss stock market, will be assessed, considering value for customers, ABB and the future of the turbocharging business.
We look forward to receiving your application. The recruiting process is being led by Elina Seibold, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: