Global Business Area Trade Manager MO
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Motion is a pioneering technology leader, driving innovation in motion industries. We keep the world turning, while saving energy every day. Our motors and drives are an integral part of everyone's lives, writing the future of smart motion.
In this role you will be building up Trade-related capabilities, processes and tools across the whole MOTION Business Area, thereby ensuring that all Local Businesses conduct their activities in line with formal regulatory requirements, as well as ABB Trade policies and guidelines. The main focal areas of the jobholder will include exporting control and sanctioning, customs compliance, as well as customs operations and strategic trade (e.g. optimization of the use of Free Trade Agreements, customs regimes, etc.). Also expected in developing and executing a plan to build and maintain a best-in-class trade organization and to drive necessary changes regarding critical enablers of trade compliance and trade optimization (e.g. master data management, reporting structure and KPI`s). As part of the compliance set, the jobholder ensures critical oversight of compliance with all applicable customs, sanctions and export control regulations and the regular update of global and local (Business) management and to work with Global Trade Compliance/Trade Management on improving (potential) risk areas.
- Organization and capabilities: Developing an understanding of the MOTION Business Area business model, strategy and global footprint. Identify key product, technology, and software risks within the MOTION Business Area. Assessing and identifying risks and opportunities related to import compliance, export compliance and sanctions.
- Governance, Instructions and Procedures: Implementing the Trade Compliance Program within MOTION in alignment with the ABB Trade Compliance Program Framework and enable sharing of best practices and harmonization of approaches. Ensuring the creation and maintenance of written global trade compliance standards and procedures for all Local Businesses addressing all applicable export control, sanctions, and customs requirements.
- Trade Classification for Customs and Export Control: Implementing a Trade Classification Program in alignment with the ABB Trade Classification Framework. Developing standard Product classification process and related responsibilities for MOTION. Ensuring, through appointed business-based Product Classification Engineers (PCEs) and responsible local business management, that all imported and exported products, software and technologies are properly classified with respect to relevant national and international export control regulations and national tariff / commodity classification.
- Systems: Jointly with IS and local business management, ensuring the effective use of ABB`s custom and trade compliance management systems (i.e. SAP’s GTS and Document Management System), ensuring the efficient implementation of the automated screening solution, as well as the customs management functionalities, for both imports and exports. Developing use of data analytics and reporting systems, which provide operational transparency and allow for tracking of key performance indicators.
- Issue resolution & Risk Management: Developing and implementing a strategy to monitor, manage and mitigate trade compliance related risks and opportunities, including the use of data analytics. Support & drive resolution of trade compliance cases as escalation point. Supporting audits of ABB Group trade compliance and relevant authorities supervise follow-up actions.
- Training, People leadership and development: In collaboration with the COE, implement a trade related training program to ensure basic knowledge and awareness across the entire local organization and raise specific expertise where needed, in line with the ABB Global Trade Program Framework. Ensure, with HR, Local Trade Compliance Officers and business management support, that Trade Compliance is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed, at local business level. Guiding, motivating, and developing Business and country-level trade compliance staff within HR policies, for the benefit of both ABB and the employee.
- Budget and performance targets: Ensuring that Trade Compliance program and budgetary targets are achieved.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- The jobholder must have 5+ years of experience overseeing a global trade compliance program.
- The jobholder must have a good understanding of end-to-end supply chain process, risk management and logistics & transport.
- Good communicator, able to convince senior leaders in the organization
- Change management, program management and business transformation experience is a plus.
- SAP ERP and GTS knowledge is a plus.
- Proven track record to manage and lead staff in a geographically diverse organization.
More about us
Interested in joining our team in this role? If so, we look forward to receiving your application via our online careers tool. Please submit your CV and motivation letter in English – documents in other languages will not be reviewed.
HQ Talent Acquisition Team,
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.
Let’s write the future. Together. www.abb.com/careers
We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time.