Service Sales Specialist
Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the power value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
You as a Service Sales Specialist will be part of Power Grids business based in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire. Reporting to the Country Managing Director, you will be responsible for sales of products/systems/services within a designated market in accordance with strategy. Building long term customer relationships and managing resolution to specific customer needs and issues. Identifying and developing sales opportunities
- Volume and profit: Selling products/systems/services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for assigned Business Units/Product Groups.
- Customer relations: Establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promote customer understanding of full product/systems/ services offering, and aligning to provide a solution. Ensuring a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
- Sales plans: Preparing sales plans using company tools. Performing regular status reviewing and proposing recovery plan(s) in cases of potential order shortfalls
- Sales: Creating added value for the customer and ABB and ensuring the successful outcome of transactions, contracts and proposals by using effective sales techniques. Communicating details in accordance with ABB offering and strategy (delivery time, payments, and general terms and conditions).
- Marketing: Ensuring efficient marketing activities and value proposition to customers.
- New market opportunities: Identifying and driving the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensuring know how sharing and cross-collaboration
- Administration: Managing administrative procedures in sales processes and supporting collection and project management activities when needed.
- Offer preparation: Preparing offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department and/or the Marketing Manager. Ensuring appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and trading conditions.
- Safety and integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- 5 – 7 years of experience in sales & marketing.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English and French language is required.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In case you have inquiries or face difficulties in applying, contact us at: CI-Careers@abb.com. No CVs allowed on emails
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.