Supplier Quality Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Medical insurance
- Meal allowance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Quality team is dedicated to implementing a culture and practice of excellence throughout the entire value chain of the organization, to increase customer satisfaction and improve profitability in a sustainable way.
As a Supplier Quality Engineer, ABB's Robotics and Discrete Automation business is writing the future of flexible factory and smart machines by providing value-added solutions in robotics, machine and factory automation. Our integrated automation solutions, application expertise across a wide scope of industries and our global presence deliver tangible customer value.
You will support the achievement of successful results in projects in Business Function Quality Product Group/ Business Function Operations, Quality & HSE Business Line/ Robotics & Discrete Automation Business in Shanghai /China country/NAS region.
- Supporting new product development projects to ensure acceptable quality level, right cost level and suitable production technology with suppliers.
- Following-up on all necessary Supply Quality documents including, but not limited to, component qualification plan (includes manufacturing process verification), supplier quality requirements and component control plan.
- Defining critical-to-quality and customer / process / function parameters for key components and sub-systems.
- Performing periodic supplier audits and risk assessments.
- Managing First Sample Inspection process.
- Validating supplier manufacturing / test / inspection plans and procedures.
- Imposing supplier product/process change management process.
- Maintaining supplier OTD and OQD and drive continuous improvement.
- Understanding the commodity specific production steps and methodology and implement with cooperation of supplier failure tracking process at supplier sites.
- Working closely with tier one supplier to sustain and improve component quality.
- Establishing component level incoming inspection at ABB factory and/or supplier factory.
- Apply 6 sigma (or similar) to drive quality and process improvement.
- Automating supplier data collection and reporting.
- Proactively drive failure root cause analysis and implementing together with supplier corrective and preventive actions.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above, major in Mechanical Engineering or Production Technology.
- 3-5 years of experience in at least one of the following commodities like Ferrous and Non-Ferrous materials, Electro-mechanical parts, Mechanical parts, Castings, Bears, Ball and Sleeve types.
- Experience in an international business, where at least 1 year in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management as well as minimum 3 years in the field of Supply Quality is preferred.
- Basic skills in MS office.
- Ability to read and understand Technical Drawings and Specifications.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Energetic, analytic and demanding personality.
- Good oral and written presentation skills.
- Fluent in oral and written English.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.