Shanghai, Shanghai, China
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works, and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
As a Mechanical Designer, ABB Robotics is a leading supplier of industrial robots and robot software, equipment and complete application solutions. We are a trusted partner who continues to redefine robotics automation, with a focus on collaborative solutions, which allow humans to work safely alongside robots without the need for barriers.
You will support the achievement of successful results in projects in Robot Supply Unit (SU) Product Group/ Robotics Business Line/ Robotics & Discrete Automation Business in Shanghai/China country/NAS region. You will utilize your knowledge and skills in technology and/or product development to identify and implement innovative solutions.
- Perform assigned design tasks as a member of a team without supervision.
- Responsible for subsystem design, i.e responsible for wrist.
- Execute design tasks without detail instructions.
- Self motivated and seek new tasks in projects. Design a casting with machining.
- Can route cabling and design cabling. Translate requirements into design solutions.
- Present work in design reviews and FMEA.
- Write reports. Perform testing in laboratory.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Basic robot system handling (start/stop etc) is required.
- Understand the development process and mastering in Solid Works.
- Deep knowledge of SAP.
- GD&T is required.
- Drive train function and requirements.
- Casting and machining knowledge.
- Understanding of FMEA and MTBF.
- Read and understand drawings.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you continue to collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.