Beijing, Beijing, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Medical insurance
- Meal allowance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward-thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
As a Controlling and Planning Specialist, ABB Power Grids offers power and automation products, systems and service solutions across the generation, transmission and distribution value chain - enabling a stronger, smarter and greener power grid.
You will play a key role in financial controlling within the Business Function Finance Business Line/ Power Grids Business, in Beijing/China country/NAS region. You will provide reliable and timely analysis of financial results, budget, and forecasts in order to support business leaders and stakeholders in decision making.
- Implement group function budget and report guideline, standardize and harmonize local function budget and reporting
- and coordinate between group function and local units.
- Analyze actual cost development, deviations to Budget/Forecast and in case of deviations, defining mitigating actions
- together with the Function Heads.
- Together with Function Head, define performance KPI’s. Data tracking, accuracy and transparency
- Prepare of Functional Management Review material.
- Analyze or support investment proposals and other Business Case evaluations.
- Manage cross-charging mechanisms including Service Level Agreements, accruals, invoicing schedules and dispute
- Ensure tax compliance with regards to cross-charging and other transactions.
- Act as a day-to-day contact for ABACUS responsible, unit CFOs, accountants and controllers for accounting and
- reporting questions.
- Plan and support in US GAAP trainings and financial statements reviews.
- Support the implementation of changes in A&RG.
- Review and follow up on resolution of issues reported in the assurance certification process.
- Act as the local center of expertise for IFRS GAAP, US GAAP and local GAAP questions.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for
- your colleagues and the business.
- 5-8 years’ experience in finance, audit or internal control related areas in a high matrix organisation.
- Solid understanding of IFRS GAAP, US GAAP and local GAAP, professional qualification with CPA/CIA is an advantage.
- Sound working knowledge of ERP systems, e.g SAP.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin language (spoken and written).
- Service-oriented mindset; solid commitment to quality and continuous improvement – can do attitude.
- Excellent intercultural skills with international business experience is an advantage.
- Strong independent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to effectively work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
“It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.”