Talent and Learning Partner-Motion, N. Asia
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our mission Human Resources (HR) is to help ABB stand out when it comes to our people - from leadership, performance and talent management to rewards and career opportunity. In all that we do, we seek to create competitive advantage by dedicating resources to attracting, developing and retaining talented individuals who are customer-focused, collaborative, innovative and driven.
ABB Motion is a pioneering technology leader, driving innovation in motion industries. We keep the world turning, while saving energy every day. Our motors and drives are an integral part of everyone's lives, writing the future of smart motion.
You will define and implement best in class standards and solutions for Talent Management and Learning within a specified geographic region of the Motion business to ensure the right capabilities are available today and tomorrow, in line with the strategic objectives of the business. This position will engage with HR Business Partners, Business Leaders and Development team -corporate to ensure alignment with ABB Group strategies, guardrails and best practices.
- Develop understanding of the strategic business priorities, key success factors, commercial market, and customers for Motion business.
- Ensure diversity and inclusion principles are a core tenet for the business, including attracting and retaining diverse talent in the business.
- Translate the Talent & Learning strategy and global T&L programs, policies, services, etc. into action in responsible geography.
- Lead one or several core topics for Motion Talent and Learning globally (e. g. Succession Planning, Capability and Workforce Planning, Diversity and Inclusion).
- Contribute to the design of the Global Talent & Learning Strategy by actively sharing inputs from the local geography and industry best practice.
- Proactively identify T&L needs on geography level based on business requirements in partnership with the responsible HRBP, and implement, reporting experiences and learnings to the Global Talent and Learning team.
- Ensure effective implementation of talent management programs: e.g. Talent Identification, Career Development, People Review Session (PRS), Succession Planning, Capability and Workforce Planning, high potential programs to include planning, stakeholder engagement, learning and communications efforts.
- Deliver on Learning programs to support the business strategy: e. g. competency development, skill building and organizational effectiveness. Work with the corporate learning pyramid to maximize impact and where needed design and deliver learning solutions to meet specific Business needs (excluding corporate pyramidal programs) including learning needs assessment, learning plans, learning methods and solutions (on-the-job, classroom and online) and ROI/KPI for the solutions.
- Define the operating model for assigned talent and learning programs and delivery including make vs. buy decisions, provider management, program design, implementation and review / evaluation. Maintain the training catalogue in collaboration with Corporate Talent and Learning.
- Ensure that all Talent and Learning related data (e.g., nominations, participations) is up to date in the relevant systems and platforms (LMS, C&WP tools,…). Liaise frequently with the associated systems partners (esp. GBS, IS, external providers) to collaborate on system optimizations, change requests and possible harmonization.
- Build strategic partnerships and relationships with third parties: universities (for talent supply), consultancies (for market insights), coaches etc. to complement and enable the business strategy when required.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement to ensure efficiency and improved business impact.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- Professional with 5-10 years experience in HR, either as HRBP or with focus in talent management, learning or organization development.
- Experience consulting and advising business leaders, HRBPs on Talent and Learning agenda
- Awareness / expertise of defined / assigned geographic area and market, talent drivers in that geography
- Experience with implementation of talent and learning initiatives in a global environment and working across multiple geographies and within a virtual team
- Resilience and ability to work with ambiguity and changing set of circumstances and issues
- Excellent relationship building ability across stakeholders with a collaborative approach.
- Self-driven, energetic, enthusiastic and inclusive; creating or responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs.
- Fluency in English
- Proficient using MS Office tools (SharePoint, PowerPoint, Excel)
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you continue to collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.