M&A Specialist China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Medical insurance
- Meal allowance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Corporate Development Functional Area incorporates Strategic Development and Business Development and is involved in a number of areas across the business. The Strategic Development team are responsible for supporting major strategic direction of our organization, while Business Development leads work within the business units to define and implement successful local strategies.
ABB Power Grids offers power and automation products, systems and service solutions across the generation, transmission and distribution value chain - enabling a stronger, smarter and greener power grid.
You will lead and support business acquisitions, joint ventures and divestments, including partnerships involving equity participation, primarily in China but provides support to the global Corporate Development Team as and when required.
- Support the planning and execution of projects, with a focus on value, risks, timing and quality.
- Coordinate both internal and external resources in the various competence areas necessary in a global transaction, e.g. business plan development, strategic and financial analysis, determination of synergies, valuation, balance sheet management, due diligence, accounting principles, pensions, environmental and contractual issues.
- Support the M&A Lead on medium & large Merger and Acquisition (M&A) transactions by leading and executing specific project activities autonomously (e.g. coordination of due diligence work-streams). Take a lead role in executing smaller M&A transactions.
- In collaboration with the Business Lines and the broader Corporate Development Team, assesses new M&A opportunities and prepares reports on findings for the Power Grids Management Team. Contribute to sound decision making process through detailed knowledge and experience of corporate finance models and business analysis/modelling.
- Develop processes and tools for best M&A practices.
- Support people development through continuous coaching and training of people assigned to M&A projects in M&A best practices.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- More than 4 years of experience in supporting M&A projects preferably within ABB.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you continue to collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.