Firmware R&D Engineer
Xiamen, Fujian, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Medical insurance
- Meal allowance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works, and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
- Responsible for the Firmware development and technical support.
- Developing Firmware test solutions, complete Firmware testing and debugging.
- Completion of relevant documentation in the product design process, eg, Framework, code review, test specification.
- Maintaining the design and update according to the requirement.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or above, Major in Electronics, automatic controlling, computer science.
- 3+ years of development experience in embedded system development.
- Expertise in Software development for safety related embedded systems; C &C++ language and familiar with interfaces like UArt/SPI/I2C/ADC/LCD., the MCU application from NXP, TI, PIC, familiar with Realtime operating systems like NQX, QNX, uCos.
- Familiar with the communication protocol like Modbus, IEC103, CANBUS, experience on sensor application, data monitoring and diagnose is preferred, Wireless communication is a plus, eg, RFID, ZigBee, WIFI, 5G, Bluetooth.
- Skilled use Microsoft office.
- Good in English listening, speaking, reading and writing ability;
- Have a certain ability of communication and coordination, pay attention to cooperation, and can withstand certain work pressure.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you continue to collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.