Hardware R&D Engineer
Xiamen, Fujian, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Medical insurance
- Meal allowance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
ABB’s Electrification business is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
- Responsible for the electronics Hardware related development and technical support
- Developing Hardware test solutions, complete Hardware testing and debugging, work with SCM in material sourcing and evaluation, AVL component and supplier setup.
- Completion of relevant documentation in the product design process, e.g. Module requirement specification, Module design verification, Production test specification.
- Maintaining the design and update according to the requirement.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or above, Major in electronics, automatic controlling.
- 3+ years of experience in development in electronics Hardware development.
- Sound knowledge of MCU design application like Power PC, ColdFire, ARM and the peripheral circuit on SDRAM, FLASH etc.
- Familiar with Analog and Digital circuit design, PCB layout, EMC/EMI focus familiar with the communication protocol like Modbus, CANBUS etc, familiar with the HW design tool like PADS, Altium Designer, experience on sensor application, data monitoring and diagnose is preferred, Wireless communication is a plus, eg. ZigBee, WIFI, 5G, Bluetooth.
- Strong Knowledge on technologies, tools and methods in own specialist area, demonstrated through solving complex industrial challenges and strong commitment towards safe work practices and dedication to following all relevant workplace safety guidelines.
- Strong in English and Chinese.
- A high level of self-motivation, curiosity and desire to learn about new technologies and proven leadership skills, with a collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you continue to collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.