Mechanical R&D Engineer
Xiamen, Fujian, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
- Medical insurance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works, and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
ABB's High Voltage Products team provides products which help enhance the safety, reliability and efficiency of power networks while minimizing environmental impact. Our technology leadership continues to facilitate developments in areas such as ultra-high-voltage power transmission, enabling smart grids and enhancing eco-efficiency.
ABB is seeking a R&D engineer with mechanical engineering background, to fulfill the demand of development and order engineering and drive business objectives. His/her job includes identification, exploration and implementation of technology /product development, common product platforms, product care and order related engineering problems.
- Involved in and/or responsible for the mechanical design, sample build and verification testing during new product development.
- Design tests to verify the design meet the technical requirements.
- Involved in and/or responsible for mechanical related work e.g. material selection, mechanical stability and strength etc.
- Involved in the pilot run of the parts at supplier side and trial run at ABB factory for the product.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A BS in mechanical engineering with min. 5 years of experience or MSc in mechanical engineering with minimum 2 years’ experience in R&D.
- Familiar with design validation procedure of new product.
- Knowledge of the relationship of standards and products, and drafting verification program according to standards.
- Proficient in CAD, e.g. AutoCAD, UG or Pro-E, and MS office.
- R&D experience in multi-national companies is preferred.
- Capable of reading and express technical solutions in English.
- A high level of self-motivation, curiosity and desire to learn about new technologies.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
“It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.”