Electrical R&D engineer for surge arresters
Xiamen, Fujian, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
- Medical insurance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works, and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
ABB's High Voltage Products team provides products which help enhance the safety, reliability and efficiency of power networks while minimizing environmental impact. Our technology leadership continues to facilitate developments in areas such as ultra-high-voltage power transmission, enabling smart grids and enhancing eco-efficiency.
ABB is seeking a R&D engineer with high voltage, dielectrics, electrical engineering background, to fulfill the demand of development and order engineering and drive business objectives. His/her job includes identification, exploration and implementation of technology /product development, common product platforms, product care and order related engineering problems.
- Work as a high voltage insulation, modelling, and testing expert to support different power product development, especially surge arresters.
- Plan and execute R&D projects following the ABB processes and are delivered on time and on budget according to priorities.
- Factory troubleshooting / product care upon request.
- Closely communicate/cooperate with other R&D engineers (technology, factory, and suppliers) locally and globally.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Master's degree or above in Electrical Engineering, High-voltage insulation/engineering, or Physics, with 2 years or more of relevant experience as a technical engineer or similar role in a global corporate environment.
- Experience with surge arrester’s development is a plus.
- Fluent in English – both written and spoken (any additional language is a plus).
- Good communication skills and team spirit.
- Self-motivated, innovative, structured and systematic thinking.
- Strong result-driven, high quality and high-speed player.
- Availability to travel internationally as required.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
“It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.”