EUS Regional Lead-Location Beijing
Xiamen, Fujian, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Medical insurance
- Meal allowance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
If you are looking for big, global challenges, IS is the place to come.
ABB's portfolio includes some of the most advanced power and productivity products and systems in the world. To help us work more efficiently, you need to understand the power and potential of information technology. If you have the energy, discipline and intellectual firepower to succeed, you will find almost limitless opportunities to stretch your thinking, expand your horizons and build your skills as you work with talented people all over the world.
ABB Power Grids offers power and automation products, systems and service solutions across the generation, transmission and distribution value chain - enabling a stronger, smarter and greener power grid.
You will be responsible for coordinating, monitoring and controlling the delivery of service desk, VIP and onsite support services delivered by external supplier(s) and /or internal resources in the assigned region/geographical area. The Regional EUS Lead will actively participate in the development and implementation of the EUS services together with the EUS team. The Regional EUS Lead will support the Head of PG IS End User Support in developing, establishing, managing and executing the End User Support (EUS) strategy to corroborate the undergoing changes in IS services within the PG transformation.
Your working location will be based on Beijing, China.
- Provide technical project coordination, and consultative services. collaborate with cross-functional work teams, key stakeholders, internal & 3rd party suppliers and subject matter experts to develop and maintain EUS services and solutions. Technical knowledge for General IS topics is required (End user Computing, MS Office 365, Network, etc.).
- Regionally responsible for the delivery of the IS Service Desk, VIP and On-Site Support services to users in the respective region; in accordance with agreed Service Levels and Customer Satisfaction requirements. responsible for Continuous Service Improvement and KPI reporting within the responsibility area.
- Collaborate and interact with peers and management to identify, analyze, provide recommendations and design EUS solutions. Work closely with peers and management to ensure EUS solutions are aligned with overall direction and goals of the organization.
- Proactively contributes to develop and maintain appropriate IS competence within the department, ensuring alignment to given IS goals, any relevant IS Standards, and any other applicable PG Group directives and PG Group guidelines.
- Manage assigned budget effectively and delivers activities within agreed schedules and costs.
- Increase satisfaction with EUS services by assessing expectations, ensuring that actions are taken to close any gaps. Develop productive relationships with peers, cross functional teams and management across the organization to influence how End User Experience can enable new sources of value.
- Manage, consult and provide input for any incident, change or project which has, or might have a major impact on the Department, and/or overall IS. Informs/consults relevant IS colleagues on any change or project activities which may have a major impact on the others' areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to the development of the EUS strategy. Work with peers and other IS leads to contribute to overall End User Experience strategy.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Master’s / Bachelor`s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business administration or related field with 8-10 years of experience in Service Desk/End User Support and IT management experience in a multinational global environment.
- 8-10 years of experience in outsourcing, managed services at a corporate level preferred. 7 years of experience effectively managing projects, supporting global user infrastructure with a range of customer stakeholders required. IS Transition and transformation experience being a plus.
- Expertise in managing IT operations and outsourced technology services required.
- Expert with design and transition of End User Support (Service Desk and Onsite Support) services required, using effective project management techniques to organize EUS projects and to ensure quality requirements are met.
- Up to date knowledge of current end user support trends, tools, methods and processes required.
- Proven experience providing excellent end user services.
- Experience with Service Level Agreements and Key Metrics reporting and managing vendors as well as customers are required.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as ITSM tools required. Good knowledge and practice of the ITIL framework required.
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills in English required.
- High level of flexibility, creativity and dependability required.
- Strong organizational and workload prioritization skills required.
- People- and remote team management experience required.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you continue to collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
“It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.”