TMC Transport and Trade Specialist
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Medical insurance
- Meal allowance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our 3,000-plus procurement and logistics employees work in more than 100 countries, to obtain and supply millions of products and services in over 200 categories from thousands of suppliers all over the world. Our goal is to create a supply base that works as an extended enterprise, creating value through continuous improvement in quality, technology, and logistics, while optimizing cost and sustainability.
ABB Power Grids offers power and automation products, systems and service solutions across the generation, transmission and distribution value chain - enabling a stronger, smarter and greener power grid.
- Provide 1st level support to TMS end user.
- Collect, document and structure requests for TMS development.
- Update and administration of TMS master data, such as branches, users, transport tariff sheets, routing entries.
- Generation and configuration of reports 9including Billing & Report).
- Escalation to TMS service desk if issues cannot be resolved locally.
- Develop and conduct TMS end user training.
- Identify potential process or set-up related issues and root causes.
- Responsible for scouring role (Excluding 5CF/5CG/5CH) in CNTMC.
- Leveraging the Continuous Improvement Process Sourcing (CIPS) process, implements effective sourcing strategies in line with business strategy ensuring that the supply base/suppliers have the capability and capacity to meet current and future business requirements. Performs market analysis, track trends in pricing and supply dynamics, and compiles a commodity library for the organization.
- Manage and conduct procurement activities using ABB’s standard’s procurement tools. Minimizes risk regarding quality and financial exposure by buying in accordance with quality and commercial procedures and in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Adapt corporate contractual framework to the local business needs. Recommends frame agreements to management and execute upon approval. Supply Base and Performance Management.
- People Leadership and Development.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Experience in working with TMS application (Oracle, JDA, SAP TM, INET, GT Nexus, eye freight etc.) is big advantage.
- More than 5 years logistics operation experience or SCM experience and 2+ years of working experience in transport operations, system implementation or application management support.
- Strong understanding of database technology.
- Good analytical skill, excellent communication.
- Proficient of MS Office.
- Fluent in English.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you continue to collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
“It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.”