Assurance Risk & Internal Control Manager
Beijing, Beijing, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Medical insurance
- Meal allowance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
ABB Power Grids offers power and automation products, systems and service solutions across the generation, transmission and distribution value chain - enabling a stronger, smarter and greener power grid.
To become a best-in-class Assurance, Risk and Internal Controls function that executes on an integrated and agile framework which adapts to evolving risks and a changing business environment; supported by effective and efficient processes and leading edge technology; managed by highly competent professionals who provide value add services to the business and provide oversight on the effectiveness of the organization’s control environment.
- Responsible to Provide oversight as 2nd line of defense to ensure operational management maintains a robust risk and control environment and to provide risk management and control design expertise.
- Supporting process design enhancements to standardize processes and controls (in coordination with Global Finance Process Owners) to simplify and rationalize the control environment, supporting process reviews to identify sustainable control improvements.
- Performing quality reviews to ensure high quality risk and control execution , providing business insights to operational management to support achievement of business objectives , assisting in the implementation of local or Group wide methodology changes
- Supporting and guiding local management in the design, development and maintenance of effective risk and control management practices , ensuring that the Internal Control methodology is strictly implemented and maintained.
- Coordinating the timely planning and execution of management testing of controls in line with the Group’s methodology and timeline.
- Supporting and oversee the remediation and deficiency assessment process and proactively work with the Process and Control owners to establish proper remediation plans , supporting the assessment of deficiencies and their underlying root causes.
- Monitoring and guiding management in the timely and sustainable remediation of deficiencies, delivering periodic training and expertise to Process Owners, Control Owners and Control Performers to ensure successful execution of roles and responsibilities
- Supporting and educating all levels of local organization on the importance of risks and controls, establishing constant and transparent communication with Region Internal Control Manager and Group ARIC team on relevant matters and participating in global Assurance, Risk and Internal Controls initiatives and projects
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree.
- Professional qualification equivalent to CPA/CIA/CISA is a preferred.
- Must have 5-8 years’ experience in finance, audit or internal control related areas
- Good business knowledge, experience in process improvements, solid understanding of internal controls methodology, practices and US GAAP and sound working knowledge of ERP systems like SAP are preferred.
- Good project management and coordination skills, International business experience, Strong intercultural skills are good to have.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, Proven ability to effectively work under pressure and within tight deadlines
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustain
able future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
“It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.”