Business Internal Controls Manager - IA
Beijing, Beijing, China
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
You will help writing the future by actively participating in building the newly created Industrial Automation (IA) Internal Controls (IC) team.
You will be responsible for guiding and supporting the IA organization and management, in particular
Country Finance Managers, Business Controllers, Business Process Owners, Control Owners and
Control Performers in xxx. Reporting to the IA Business Internal Controls Manager,
you will drive the process and control strategy, strengthen the overall control framework, improve and optimize process and control design and ensure compliance with ABB’s internal control requirements.
- Providing oversight, ensuring operational management maintaining an appropriate internal control environment.
- Supporting the respective IA Controllers and CFMs in reaching their targets regarding Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICoFR) including identification, reviewing and following ups on the status of ICoFRs and remediations.
- Driving to enhance the transparency, knowledge and maturity level in the respective IA business regarding risk and control and the recognition of the benefits, process understanding and the interfaces to other risk management activities in order to maintain a robust control environment.
- Setting up action plans for improvements of the internal control framework in cooperation with the respective Controllers and Country Finance Managers (CFMs), process and control owners, GBS, CoE and ARIC, supporting and following up on implementation.
- Leading and support implementation of process and control design enhancements to standardize processes and controls (in coordination with Global Finance Process Owners, GBS and CoEs) to simplify and rationalize the control environment and to support the achievement of business objectives
- Drive in the IA business the adherence to and local implementation of all relevant aspects of the ABB OS Framework, especially including Corporate and Business Regulations, Authorization Tables set by Corporate, Business and local organization
- Maintaining relationships with internal and external auditors in close co-operation with the IA Controllers and CFMs
- Supporting the CFMs in their ICoFR responsibilities including relevant fiduciary duties in close cooperation with the other ABB Businesses.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- University degree in finance, accounting, auditing, etc. and professional qualification equivalent to CPA/CIA/CISA
- Minimum 5- years experience in finance, audit, assurance, risk or internal control related areas
- A good understanding of assurance, risk and internal controls methodology and practices
- Good business knowledge and working experience in the areas of process improvements as well as strong project and stakeholder management skills
- Solid understanding of internal controls methodology, practices and US GAAP
- Solid understanding of ERP systems, preferably SAP.
- Experience in a large multinational matrix organization implementing company-wide initiatives including ongoing monitoring of implementation and taking of corrective actions as required.
- Sound working knowledge of systems including change processes and data structures
- Experience with new technologies i.e. Data Analytics or Continuous Control Monitoring is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence both internally and externally.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.