Field Service Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Medical insurance
- Meal allowance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Working with customers to ensure our products and systems provide maximum performance, our Service teams solve a wide variety of key industrial challenges. We increase productivity and reliability, lengthen product life span and improve safety. Critically, we also reduce costs, energy consumption and emissions.
The ABB's Process Industries team engineers and delivers automation solutions from device to monitoring and control, ensuring our customers get the most out of their investment. Our digitalization solutions help improve plant and enterprise productivity, while reducing maintenance and energy costs. Deep domain knowledge enables us to truly understand and address the challenges and opportunities of Industrial Automation.
In accordance with company’s policy and ABB business line requirement, a field service engineer may spend most of time at the customer field where follows up mine hoist equipment operation and helps in mechanical equipment troubleshooting and solving the problems. He/she will be responsible to do field maintenance work to ensure equipment in good condition in order to meet customer production requirement and gain the customer satisfaction to ABB. Field service engineer should act compliance with health and safety legislation and cooperate with mine site production team and keep good and smooth communication channel on behalf of ABB.
- Responsible to make hoist maintenance plan and undertake scheduled maintenance work.
- Take the spot checking of hoist equipment daily, create periodical maintenance procedures and keep record of worklog.
- Respond to equipment breakdowns or alarms and abnormal phenomenon to diagnose faults and solve and repair it as quickly as possible (24*7), work together with project manager and electrical engineer to follow up ABB equipment status and keep good communication with customers.
- Maintain and improve the customer relationship to ABB, Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and field.
- Safety, site service completion and effectiveness, customer satisfaction
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Must have bachelor’s degree in engineering on mechanical and hydraulic or equivalent background.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of mining and construction mechanical equipment assembly/maintenance or hydraulic power packing service/commissioning
- Good written and spoken English.
- Adapt to overseas traveling and field service work environment. Especially shift and 'on-call' work may be required if necessary
- With Mining and hoist system equipment experience is a plus.
- Skills like who can manage time well, work well in a team environment, logical problem solver required.
- Communication effectively and high sense of responsibility, strong hands-on problem-solving ability, working under pressure.
- Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Collaboration, Customer/Service Oriented, strong service and market business sense, ability to influence others
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.