Digital solution Engineer
Xiamen, Fujian, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
- Medical insurance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
- Managing R&D project with proper progress and achievement, ensuring alignment with assigned targets (time, cost, quality) and coordinates activities, demonstrating sound understanding of, and actively applies, R&D processes and tools, effective communication with global management team.
- Supporting on digital solution/application on site technically, responding on relevant clarification, supporting on solution marketing, which includes the documents prepare also the F2F promotion.
- Understanding the key business drivers for ABB in order to make judgments and contributing to results, responsible for the team cooperation and competence set up, supporting problem solving on site which include issues during product industrialization mass production, supporting to set up proper process for quality control from components’ supplied to production implementation
- Having a basic understanding of the importance of IP for the ABB business, contributing to IP discussions and develops project clearance reports, identifying risks in R&D projects.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree with majors in Electronics/ automatic controlling/ computer science
- Minimum 3 years of development experience in embedded system development or electronics firmware development or 3+ years of product management experience in digital solutions. Experience on sensor application, data monitoring and diagnose is preferred, Wireless communication is a plus, eg. ZigBee, WIFI, 5G, Bluetooth and strong Knowledge on technologies, tools and methods in own specialist area, demonstrated through solving complex industrial challenges and good commitment towards safe work practices and dedication to following all relevant workplace safety guidelines.
- Should be familiar with medium or low voltage circuit breaker/switch cabinet product technology, relevant national standards(GB) and industry standards (Like DL, JB or NB) for medium voltage electrical equipment/circuit breakers.
- Must have basic knowledge on project management;
- Should be familiar with basic knowledge of artificial intelligence, machine learning, statistical methods. Should have knowledge on programming languages: C/C++, Matlab m, Phyton.
- Must have good English listening, speaking, reading and writing skills;
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.