R&D senior engineer
Xiamen, Fujian, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Medical insurance
- Meal allowance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
As the main responsibility, the job holder will be in charge of or participate the R&D project operation and product design according to the customer’s needs and new technology development trend.
- Manage R&D projects according to ABB project management process.
- Lead or participate MV switchgear R&D work according to project requirement, including mechanical components and electrical components 3D and 2D design, prepare related project document.
- Lead or conduct related analysis and simulation during product development, experiences of quality tools (such as DFM/A, FMEA, six-sigma) and mechanical and electrical simulations.
- Guide or participate prototype manufacturing and type tests.
- Be responsible for problem analysis and solving of product technical related issues, providing technical support.
- Cooperate with other departments and other TCs and LBU/GPGs in order to finish project on time and target.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Must have Bachelor degree or above, major in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical design (prefer electrical engineering)
- More than 5 years of experience in power products (Low Voltage, Medium Voltage, apparatus).
- More than 2 years R&D Project Management experience.
- Well know about power system knowledge and relevant IEC/GB/DL standards
- Well know MS office tools, SolidWorks, Auto-CAD, SAP, and other related,
- Familiar with power products new technology development trend, such as Switchgear Monitoring & Diagnostic etc.
- Familiar with manufacture processes of various parts
- Familiar with Medium voltage product
- Be good at oral and written English
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good team work spirit able to adapt to cross-cultural working environment, to take responsibility and pressure.
- Agile thinking, with innovative spirit and consciousness.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.