Sales Support Manager
Beijing, Beijing, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
- Medical insurance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
ABB's High Voltage Products team provides products which help enhance the safety, reliability and efficiency of power networks while minimizing environmental impact. Our technology leadership continues to facilitate developments in areas such as ultra-high-voltage power transmission, enabling smart grids and enhancing eco-efficiency.
- Adapt and implement sales support strategy for designated area in accordance with the global support strategy. Ensure technical and commercial support for internal and external customers. Oversee estimations and bids and proposals ensuring alignment with ABB standards and targets. Proactively lead, develop and coach the Sales Support team.
- Strategy: create, implements and reviews local sales support strategy.
- Target: define key targets and ensures these are achieved for the customer support.
- Proposal development:oversees the preparation of proposals through internal and external resources. Ensures all proposals follow relevant ABB procedures and guidelines as well as legal requirements.
- Competiveness: ensure most competitive offers taking into account the market situation and customer’s conditions. Identifies which approach (e.g. direct sales, consortium, or channel) can be applied to better serve the customer.
- Terms and conditions: oversees the validation of terms and conditions (commercial, technical, legal, pricing) in each offer.
- Resource allocation: assign and allocates internal and external resources for technical and commercial support and proposal preparation.
- Risk: support bid/no bid analyses and decisions. Participates in project risk review processes.
- Customer: ensure support to the Sales organizations during the technical meetings, product presentations and negotiations with customers and provides technical support and clarification as needed.
- People leadership and development: ensure (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Coaches, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies. Drives and ensures know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Must have engineering Degree and Marketing degree / MBA is preferred
- Above 10 years industry experience in Sales and Marketing function
- Mechanical or electrical Engineering Experience
- Strong communication skill to different stakeholders
- Strong learning agility and good management skill
- Ability to communicate fluently and effectively in both English and Mandarin
- Strong Leadership capability. Ability to motive and develop people
- Result-orientated and very responsible. Strong ability to solve conflicts.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
“It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.”