Shanghai, Shanghai, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Medical insurance
- Meal allowance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
ABB's Robotics and Discrete Automation business is writing the future of flexible factory and smart machines by providing value-added solutions in robotics, machine and factory automation. Our integrated automation solutions, application expertise across a wide scope of industries and our global presence deliver tangible customer value.
- Contributing with own ideas for identifying, proposing and implementing innovative technology development and solutions, solving industrial problems independently.
- Demonstrating solid technical proficiency in own competence area by performing a variety of technology/engineering assignments.
- Understanding the key business drivers for ABB in order to make judgments and contribute to results.
- Working as a solid R&D project member and contributor with experience as project or sub-project leader, ensuring alignment with assigned targets (time, cost, quality) and coordinating activities.
- Maintaining awareness of state-of-art technology, as well as ABB products and technologies, identifying and understanding technical drivers for R&D projects in own area.
- Participating constructively in working teams. Sharing own technical/scientific knowledge in own projects and supporting colleagues in applying processes and tools to ensure timely and high-quality results.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Must have BS with 5+ years, MS/PhD with 3+ years working experience, major in electronics engineering, automation or equivalent.
- Must have demonstrated solid technical proficiency in electronics area, e.g. analog/digital electronics, circuit theory, fundamental of computer system, digital signal processing, communication theory, electromagnetics and sound understanding of R&D processes and tools.
- Solid proficiency in EDA tools, e.g. OrCAD, Ansys, matlab, etc and rich experience on at least one popular embedded platform, ARM and FPGA is preferred.
- Experience on fieldbus, e.g. EtherCAT, DeviceNet, Powerlink, VHDL or C is a plus.
- Familiarity with Robotics or industrial automation international regulation/standard (ISO, EN, IEC, UL and etc.) is a plus.
- Strong communication skill, highly responsible, self-motivated and autonomous at work required.
- Must have good teamwork spirit and willing to contribute to the team’s success and capable of managing changes and multi-tasks during the development phase.
- Fluency in English language both (oral and written) required.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.