Local Division Manager ELDS China
Xiamen, Fujian, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Medical insurance
- Meal allowance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
Hub/Local Business Unit provides expertise and resources to guide and manage allocated manufacturing units and assigned R&D projects. Deliver Business Unit goals and plans, accountable for assuring operational performance on supply side. Conduct improvement on manufacturing technology and develop competences to raise BU’s global competitiveness. Manage resources and competences to support execution of global BU/PG strategy.
- Implementing the global BU and PG manufacturing strategy in the countries within the area of responsibility, providing input to Global BU strategy and developing proactive strategies to increase business profits, customer satisfaction and operational effectiveness, managing resources and competences for supporting execution of global BU/PG strategy.
- Ensuring achievement of established targets, through oversight and definition of improvement actions as needed, focusing on achievement of Revenues, EBITA%, Operating Cash Flow, Project On-Time and On-Cost, Requested On- Time Delivery, and Quality PPM.
- Leading the manufacturing units, both local and in other countries allocated by BU, for achieving targets. Leading and managing manufacturing function and operation teams and processes, implementing localization plan to improve manufacturing technology and competence in line with BU/PG strategy, executing BU/PG operational excellence strategy and quality standard, driving operational excellence across the manufacturing sites through target setting, monitoring & benchmarking for innovative processes, maintaining compliance with quality standards & developing quality management systems for monitoring & improving day to day operations and driving productivity, delivery performance and cost optimization.
- Executing the sourcing strategy in line with Business Unit strategy and processes meeting targets, managing all local SCM requirements and providing sourcing strategy and support to all manufacturing units.
- Supporting the execution of global R&D projects by providing and developing R&D competences; ensuring project delivery and achieve agreed project target.
- Delivering operational/project targets (e.g. OTD, lead time, quality, ease of doing business, etc.) to improve net promoter score (NPS), implementing HSE and business compliance standards and regulations within the units, ensuring a safe working environment, continuous HSE improvement process and integrity performance, personally live the ABB values and
- group standards, implementing and ensuring compliance with global and local standards, rules, tools, policies and processes related to operations/project execution and share functional best practices and lessons learned across the organization and ensuring that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed and directed, building an effective, capable and high performing organization. Developing talent, appointing managers and review effectiveness.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Must have bachelor’s degree and 20+ years of experience in various managerial roles.
- Solid experience in P&L management, as well as demonstrated ability to lead a large and cross functions organization.
- Proven track record of both strategic thinking and successful strategy execution with clear focus on results required.
- Should be strong, well-developed communication, influencing and leadership skills.
- Must have fluency in English.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.