Shanghai, Shanghai, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Medical insurance
- Meal allowance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
ABB's Robotics and Discrete Automation business is writing the future of flexible factory and smart machines by providing value-added solutions in robotics, machine and factory automation. Our integrated automation solutions, application expertise across a wide scope of industries and our global presence deliver tangible customer value.
- Being responsible for robot prototype verification and validation during robot development phase, including but not limited to mechanical test, system integration test, validation of the lifetime of the mechanical parts, analyze reliability of the robot, especially the key components including motor, gear, bearing, sealing, cablings etc. analyze their performance comparing the life time, failure mode, etc.
- Designing and developing the corresponding test solution and test kit to verify the performance and reliability as well as the whole robot system working with design engineer to find the potential risk in original design, with analytical skills to analyze and find unreliable test results, also provide the correction action and solution. Responsible for analysis of result and test reports, developing Manipulator automation test solution.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Must have master’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
- 3+ Years in mechanical or system test domain should have experience in mechanical research and design, preferably for motor, gear, sealing, cable etc., especially in the area of lifetime and failure mode analysis.
- Must be familiar with 3D drawing tool like SolidWorks or similarly tools, familiar with Matlab.
- Familiar with at least one of the programing language C#, Python, experience in robot or machine tool area is a plus.
- Structured thinking and strong problem-solving ability required.
- Team-work spirit, collaboration with local and global team required.
- Good oral and written English communication skill required.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a project team.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.