Xiamen, Fujian, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Medical insurance
- Meal allowance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
- Contributing with own ideas for identifying, proposing and implementing innovative technology and solutions in product development process, planning and executing product test according to product standards and functional requirement to make sure the design quality.
- Supporting R&D project implementation, monitoring management, supporting problem solving while product development phase, product industrialization phase even in mass production phase.
- Continuing to maintain and optimizing the product in the whole life cycles, technical and scientific proficiency and leadership, demonstrating solid technical proficiency in own competence area by performing a variety of technology/engineering assignments, mainly in research and development (R&D) projects, which demonstrates independent ability to recognize problems and provide input to solutions. Actively following up on the scientific discussions in own competence area and contributes independently.
- Understanding the key business drivers for ABB in order to make judgments and contribute to results, contributing to R&D projects with own, creative ideas. Proposes follow-up projects and activities within own technical area based on new ideas.
- As a solid R&D project member and contributor, with experience as project or sub-project leader, ensures alignment with assigned targets (time, cost, quality) and coordinates activities. Demonstrates sound understanding of, and actively applies, R&D processes and tools, maintaining awareness of state-of-art technology, as well as ABB products and technologies, and identifies and understands technical drivers for R&D projects in own are and understanding what creates customer value in own R&D projects and project portfolio of own organization and works to improve operations and increase customer satisfaction according to incoming requests. Providing consulting services to business operations and customer, participating constructively in working teams, sharing own technical/scientific knowledge in own projects and supports colleagues in applying processes and tools to ensure timely and high quality results. Showing solid documentation skills and writes technical reports independently, basic understanding of the importance of IP for the ABB business, contributing to IP discussions and develops project clearance reports. Identifies risks in R&D projects.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Must have bachelor degree in mechanical engineering.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in mechanical engineering
- Should be familiar with commonly used engineering materials and related manufacturing / processing, must be familiar with design validation procedure of new product but also know well design methodology include FMEA, DFA/DFM, etc.
- Should know well product IEC/GB standard, and capable to draft and execute verification test plan according to standards, be proficient in CAD, e.g. AutoCAD, Solidworks, and MS office.
- Must be good in English language (oral, reading and expressing technical solutions).
- Good communication and teamwork skills required.
- ABB work experience would be preferred.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.