R&D senior engineer
Xiamen, Fujian, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Medical insurance
- Meal allowance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
As the main responsibility, the job holder will be in charge of R&D project operation and product design according to the customer’s needs and new technology development trend.
- Managing R&D projects according to ABB project management process.
- Leading or participating MV switchgear R&D work according to project requirement, including mechanical components and electrical components 3D and 2D design, preparing related project document.
- Leading or conducting related analysis and simulation during product development, experiences of quality tools (such as DFM/A, FMEA, six-sigma) and mechanical and electrical simulations.
- Guiding or participating prototype manufacturing and type tests.
- Being responsible for problem analysis and solving of product technical related issues, providing technical support.
- Cooperating with other departments and other TCs and LBU/GPGs in order to finish project on time and target.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Must have bachelor’s degree or above, major in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical design, preferred electrical engineering.
- More than 5 years of experience in power products (Low Voltage, Medium Voltage, apparatus), more than 2 years R&D Project Management experience and Switchgear Monitoring & Diagnostic design required.
- Should be well known about power system knowledge and relevant IEC/GB/DL standards.
- Should be well known MS office tools, SolidWorks, Auto-CAD, SAP, and other related.
- Must be familiar with power products new technology development trend, such as Switchgear Monitoring & Diagnostic etc.
- Should be familiar with manufacture processes of various parts, with Medium voltage products etc.
- Should be fluent in English language (Both oral and written).
- Good communication and presentation skills with good teamwork spirit and able to adapt to cross-cultural working environment, to take responsibility and pressure, agile thinking, with innovative spirit and consciousness required.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.