Shanghai, Shanghai, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Medical insurance
- Meal allowance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB project managers are at the heart of our organisation, meeting and exceeding customer expectations while helping to build a sustainable and profitable future. You will have the opportunity to tackle some of the most innovative and complex engineering projects in the world today.
The ABB's Process Industries team engineers and delivers automation solutions from device to monitoring and control, ensuring our customers get the most out of their investment. Our digitalization solutions help improve plant and enterprise productivity, while reducing maintenance and energy costs. Deep domain knowledge enables us to truly understand and address the challenges and opportunities of Industrial Automation.
Project Manager with the support of project team is responsible for successful execution/delivery of assigned project(s) on-time, within budget, as per Contract Agreement, with on- quality & safety framework of ABB.
- Planning, monitoring and controlling project activities, proactively to maximize cash flow, understanding critical path scheduling and assures a minimum but sufficient project float, actively striving to optimize overall resource planning and utilization considering resources within the local organization, assuring a valid project safety plan is in place, considering close out activities and influences for an early close out and identifying and sharing lessons learned.
- Assuring ABB commitments to customer are met, in accordance with contract, assuring and seeking to improve customer satisfaction and feedback through consistent customer interaction, e.g. Communication, (phone, e-mail, etc.) and Customer meetings, kick off, review, etc. Working proactively to set customer expectation to assure a smooth project including acceptance of project deliveries and timely payment even under challenging circumstances, encouraging openness & respect, and build trust, confidence & loyalty with customers and partners, promoting healthy work-life balance within the project team.
- Understanding and using Full Cost Calculation/Model and different revenue recognition methods, understanding project exposure, controlling project cost and cash flow, influencing project expenditures to maximize cash flow.
- Understanding ABB’s standard terms and conditions and the impact upon the contract of differing and/or additionally accepted terms and conditions, understanding project specific accepted terms and conditions and their application to project contracts, including awareness of risks of negative impact on margin, performance and risk factors. Utilizing contract terms and conditions to maximize cash-flow, margin and to limit liabilities, e.g. through insurance.
- Forthrightly presenting an account of project status/issues in project reviews, reporting status/ progress to customer and other stake holders with appropriate detail for desired understanding, e.g. to assure payment, set expectation, etc., raising potential project issues to relevant stake holders, effectively reporting project progress or other situations either verbally or in writing to assure desired understanding.
- Utilizing negotiation skills for scope and change management, being on top of scope including the possible overall impact of what may seem to be minor changes, negotiating change orders and additional sales, actively pursuing desired changes in order to obtain additional sales, increase margin and to lower risk exposure.
- Understanding risks as well as what may be causing a change in risk exposure and actions to avoid/mitigate, understanding opportunities and how to take advantage of them, identifying and mitigating risks associated with important aspects such as Health and Safety, proactively pursuing decided upon mitigation efforts for identified risks, identifying and acting upon new risks and opportunities as they occur, assuring avoidance/mitigation of liquidated damages and other penalties/claims.
- Working actively with a number of suppliers to obtain overall best possible purchase, in cooperation with the supply management function, coordinating/directing project transportation and logistics, reviewing status of critical suppliers’ progress and include in overall schedule, initiating 3rd party inspections as required, ensuring the proper application of ABB’s supplier qualification process.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering with domain experience in ABB business.
- Minimum three years’ experience managing projects.
- Must be experienced with Projects of different size, complexity and contractual types.
- Must have PMP® certification from Project Management Institute or certified by our major competitor as Project Manager or IPMA Level C/D certification recommended if recruited from an external organization.
- Must exhibit and uphold ethics and values, demonstrate integrity, promote and defend equal opportunities, must be able to build diverse teams, encourage organizational and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment.
- Should demonstrate an interest in and understanding of others, adapt to the team and build team spirit, recognize and reward the contribution of others. Should listen, consult others and communicates proactively, support and care for others and develop and openly communicate self-insight.
- Should make a strong personal impression on others, gain clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating.
- Should speak clearly and fluently, express opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly, make presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence, respond quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback and should project credibility.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.