Shanghai, Shanghai, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Medical insurance
- Meal allowance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our 3,000-plus procurement and logistics employees work in more than 100 countries, to obtain and supply millions of products and services in over 200 categories from thousands of suppliers all over the world. Our goal is to create a supply base that works as an extended enterprise, creating value through continuous improvement in quality, technology, and logistics, while optimizing cost and sustainability.
ABB Measurement and Analytics develops, produces, sells, delivers and services products and solutions to enable industrial and energy customers to operate more efficiently and profitably. We are dedicated to serving our customers with the best digitally enabled solutions to meet their needs quickly and reliably, while providing the support of a global service network.
- Working as part of the SCM team to guarantee the procurement from qualified vendors for production and spare part team, they are individually and collectively responsible for the best cost\on time delivery and good quality of goods and service.
- Taking specific responsibility for supplier qualification and supply contracts for both existing and new suppliers.
- Saving achievement to secure project operation profit and Global SCM KPI.
- Negotiating with supplier for best price/lead time/payment and incoterms.
- Yearly Price Frame Agreement - setting up and renewing New Supplier Qualification and Development.
- Existing Supplier performance management and improvement, daily supporting within organization like Sales/Engineering/Spare part/etc, daily task assigned by Global SCM Team.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Must have bachelor’s degree, major in Mechanical or Automation is preferred.
- Around 3-5 years' working experience as Sourcing/Commodity Buyer/Purchasing Engineer is basic.
- Technical background like mechanical/engineering/production is preferred, better with analytical system knowledge, understanding Supply chain of SI industry and logistic concepts as added advantage.
- Must be able to communicate supply chain objectives clearly and convey the benefits to the organization.
- Being smart, working under pressure, high level of sense of urgency, good command and communication skills, excellent analytical ability and troubleshooting skill.
- Should have teamwork spirit, supplier management and development, being familiar with supplier network in industry, rich experience in purchasing, good knowledge of SAP systems and experience in analytical system integration plant is preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS Excel and SAP.
- Good English language skill in speaking and writing required.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.