R&D Principle Enginner - HW and Functional Safety
Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Medical insurance
- Meal allowance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
The ABB's Process Control Platform and delivers automation solutions from device to monitoring and control, ensuring our customers get the most out of their investment. Our digitalization solutions help improve plant and enterprise productivity, while reducing maintenance and energy costs. Deep domain knowledge enables us to truly understand and address the challenges and opportunities of Industrial Automation.
- Demonstrating technical knowledge in Hardware Design for embedded systems.
- Providing advanced technical judgement, covering multiple disciplines that influences team activities and results.
- Solving complex technical problems by creating own hypotheses and validating them
- Demonstrating experience in designing and delivering hard- and software systems for process automation or similar fields
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Major in electrical engineering, process automation or related, master/doctor degree is a plus.
- 10+ years of professional experience and must be excellent in Functional Safety related knowledge, familiar with safety design related technology and process.
- Must have experience with external standards and regulations, primarily IEC61508 and IEC60079 and their application in internal processes.
- Experience with safety agency, e.g.: TUV.
- Should be familiar with all phases of product lifecycle, from inception to support.
- Must be able to speak and write confidently in English for international audiences, using clear, structured and precise arguments, able to adjust abstraction level to intended audience.
- Skills like very good communication, being a team player required.
- Having knowledge of ABB DCS/PLC product is a plus.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.