R&D Enginner - Embedded SW
Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Medical insurance
- Meal allowance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
The ABB's Process Control Platform and delivers automation solutions from device to monitoring and control, ensuring our customers get the most out of their investment. Our digitalization solutions help improve plant and enterprise productivity, while reducing maintenance and energy costs. Deep domain knowledge enables us to truly understand and address the challenges and opportunities of Industrial Automation.
- Reviewing requirements, creating high quality design and implementing efficient and effective solutions together with your multi-disciplinary team members.
- Developing software according to quality and security guideline.
- Conceiving test strategy and building test automation scripts to ensure high quality before products release.
- Analyzing risks, solving problems, decomposing bottlenecks and generate recommendations for optimization.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Must have bachelor’s degree (BSc) / master’s degree (MSc) in a relevant technical education like computer science, control technology, or electronics engineering.
- 3-5 years of experience in embedded software development work required.
- Must be fluent in English language (both speaking and writing) required for daily work.
- Must have good C/C++ programming skills and large scope system design competency.
- Should be familiar with script language for automation test, such as shell, python, UML for modelling design and analysis, specialist knowledge of DCS/PLC systems control, and electromechanical applications required.
- Familiar with fieldbus protocol such as PROFIBUS, HART, PROFINET, OPC UA and experiences in multiprocessing, threading, RTOS, bootloader, BSP, driver, hardware low level design, Measurement Product HMI design required.
- Must have good understanding of Agile methodology and software engineering practices, such as version management, code review, unit test, continuous integration, static code analysis.
- Must be a good team player in a collaborative team and enjoying the challenge of developing software with new innovative technologies.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.