Reliability lab Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Medical insurance
- Meal allowance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Quality team is dedicated to implementing a culture and practice of excellence throughout the entire value chain of the organization, to increase customer satisfaction and improve profitability in a sustainable way.
ABB's Robotics and Discrete Automation business is writing the future of flexible factory and smart machines by providing value-added solutions in robotics, machine and factory automation. Our integrated automation solutions, application expertise across a wide scope of industries and our global presence deliver tangible customer value.
The role will manage to build up RA robotics reliability lab to have the right capacity and capability to run all kind of test secure product reliability from component to system level in the whole life cycle. This will include develop roadmap and operation model of the reliability lab based on current set up, build up and maintaining experimental capabilities, maintaining instruments, and generally managing lab facilities etc.
- Developing roadmap and operation model of reliability lab for improving products reliability and supporting robotics business growth.
- Being responsible for oversee laboratory testing, evaluating results and proficiency of testing.
- Planning, delegating and organizing the reliability lab projects/working in assigned region.
- Revising and implementing new policies and procedures, implementing changes to work processes and doing other relevant tasks from the management.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree (or above) of mechanics and electronic engineering.
- Solid experience in lab management or equivalent experience in advanced manufacturing environment, having experience and ability for building up scalable lab according to business needs.
- Solid experience in people management, strong leadership, good at communication and coordination, good ability of organizational management, being able for connecting and motivating team to fulfill target is required.
- Solid experience in product lifecycle testing, having rich theoretical knowhow and data analysis skills, working in international environments is required.
- Having customer centric mindset, teamwork spirit, taking Initiative and striving for excellence skills required.
- Focus on technical development and problem solving and strong mindset of continuous improvement is required.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.