Shanghai, Shanghai, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Medical insurance
- Meal allowance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
ABB's Robotics and Discrete Automation business is writing the future of flexible factory and smart machines by providing value-added solutions in robotics, machine and factory automation. Our integrated automation solutions, application expertise across a wide scope of industries and our global presence deliver tangible customer value.
You will contribute to development of robotic application software. You need to understand different robotic applications and extract real requirements from customer and application expert, then do software design and implementation work. And, industrial market is known for being extremely demanding with respect to quality, therefore, extra attention to the quality of the output is needed.
- Being responsible for day-to-day operations, working as research engineer in R&D department and acting as task or work-package manager, acting as an active team member, contributing with knowledge and competence to other activities.
- Independently solving technical problems by applying expertise within your area and contributing for improvement of operation and increasing customer satisfaction according to requests and understanding the key business drivers for ABB and R&D.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Must have a degree major in Computer Science, Mechanical, Automation or equivalent.
- 1 to 3 years of related working experience with good skill level in C#/WPF/.Net software development required.
- Should be familiar with mainstream software development methodology like MVVM, designing pattern and object orientation.
- Must have skills like problem solving, teamwork skills, time management, positive attitude to work, engagement in the tasks and a strong result-orientation is required.
- Experience in WPF development, development/test experience of robot/ automation/system, Knowledge of UML, Knowledge/experience of auto-testing, Agile development process is a plus.
- Must have fluency in English language.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.