Global Product Specialist
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Medical insurance
- Meal allowance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
ABB Smart Buildings digitally transforms commercial, industrial and residential buildings for the highest comfort, efficiency, safety and security - enhancing quality of life in the buildings of the future, through sustainable electrification solutions, services and products.
The Global Product Specialist is responsible to define the new product & solution specification according to the market requirement, track the product development schedule, targeted cost structure, product & marketing tools delivery etc. to match customers’ requirement. The Global Product Specialist also manages the existing product lifecycle, provides market promotion materials, etc. finally ensures that the product roadmap follows the global BL strategy and business plan.
- Understanding CN Building Automation market requirement and leading market intelligence analysis, understanding and defining current market segmentation and related product/solution/service positioning, identifying potential opportunities for enhancing the portfolio, both against competition and new market opportunity.
- Focusing on building up China Building Automation digital service solution for commercial and residential application and developing the GTM strategy.
- Creating new business model for BA digital service (i.e. subscription for value-adding service for existing BA customers and new bidding project)
- Leading new product development and managing cloud side roadmap to align with R&D platform (Defining target segment, collecting market/product requirement, business plan for target areas, payback, pricing & positioning, setting priorities).
- Leading PLM process, analysing current product/solution/service, defining and tracking performance metrics, planning appropriate measures (e.g. enhancements, cost reductions, phase-outs) and making decisions on product/solution/service obsolescence and end-of life to ensure current and future market requirements are met and maximizing profitability.
- Initiating and driving product market communication strategy and supporting CN marketing & sales team for promoting and achieving business target
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Must have C.S. or E.E. Bachelor, solid technical background and rich experience of digital application in Building Automation areas.
- 3+ years of business experience, e.g. product management or technical architect role in IoT industry, Building Automation domain knowledge is preferred.
- Must be familiar with digital product management and digital business model, e.g. MS Azure, Alibaba cloud, Tuya, Huawei Hi-link, etc.
- Deep understanding of IoT architecture, solution and ecosystem, from device to edge and cloud is required.
- Good reading, writing and verbal communication skills in English language required.
- Excellent teamwork skills, strong personality and communicator, proven ability to influence internal and external customers & cross-functional teams without formal authority required.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.