Platform Team Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Medical insurance
- Meal allowance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
ABB Measurement and Analytics develops, produces, sells, delivers and services products and solutions to enable industrial and energy customers to operate more efficiently and profitably. We are dedicated to serving our customers with the best digitally enabled solutions to meet their needs quickly and reliably, while providing the support of a global service network.
- Leading local and cross-functional project/s with limited complexity and/or sub-project of a complex project as responsible for all elements of the project/s, motivating and leading internal and/or external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones.
- Managing the project team allocated to the project, defining with key stakeholders, the scope of work, cost/budget, resources required, time scheduling and detailed work allocation, monitoring and controlling project cost and financials, formalizing acceptance of the project and bringing all the project elements to a conclusion by ensuring project results are transferred to relevant line organization or department responsible capturing lessons learned.
- Ensuring project follows sound methodology and execution practices in accordance with standard ABB internal directives and procedures, ensuring projects follow external standards etc. that influence activities and targets.
- Identifying, containing and reducing risk, ensuring appropriate handling of change requests, transparency around unforeseen results/events and identifying risks and making sure that they are properly prioritized, managed and communicated.
- Using own technical domain knowledge for providing technical support to colleagues or other functional teams.
- Ensuring understanding of customer value, taking into consideration requirements and demands coming from customers and from different ABB functions (sales, supply, production, etc.), acting to ensure customer satisfaction and expectations.
- Serving as the key contact for the project stakeholders, effectively communicating appropriate information to stakeholders in a timely manner and achieving desired understanding and support for managing relationships with stakeholders, internal functions, other R&D teams in Technology Center and/or Corporate Research Centers and external relevant parties (e.g. customers, academia).
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Must have a master’s degree or above.
- At least 8 years of experience required.
- Must be fluent in English language.
- Good communication and teamwork skills required.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.