R&D Project Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Medical insurance
- Meal allowance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
ABB Motors and Generators deliver a complete range of motors, generators and mechanical power transmission products for all industries and applications. We provide the highest quality and service to our customers all around the world, with a focus on helping to use energy more efficiently.
The Project Manager will coordinate new business initiatives within the company, and between local PG and global PG NEMA. This role will need to intensively interact with existing/potential customers for voice of customer collection, and also intensively interact with ABB R&D team, internal/external suppliers to ensure the product design and delivery fully meet customers’ expectation.
- Leading the start-up of new motor business from design to manufacturing in China and working with business partners for an optimized system or package offering.
- Leading the quality and delivery control as well as cost control on the new product, acting as account manager for certain products and establishing/strengthening relationship with selected key customers.
- Acting as communications liaison between R&D, Engineering, Marketing, Sourcing and Operations in the US and China, participating in project coordination conference calls and project meetings.
- Supporting product costing and pricing, tracking and managing the project progress against project plan and target.
- Ensuring along with the project sponsor, that all necessary inputs, funds, resources, and equipment are available.
- Tracking project expenses and the working time of all project team members and ensuring that all defined milestone criteria are fulfilled before a milestone is passed and identifying project risks and ensuring effective mitigation in place.
- Acting promptly on problems that may affect the quality, cost, function or schedule of the intended project result and identifying, taking corrective actions on any problem that may affect the quality, cost or function of the intended project result.
- Regularly reporting the project progress, source and financial situation, quality status, product cost and all issues that cannot be resolved within the project, to the steering group of the project.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Must have an engineering Degree with 5 years or plus of project/operations/product management experience (Motor/drive industry background is preferred).
- Must be fluent in English language and have international working environment exposure.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills like strong analytical/decision making skills, result driven, self-motivated and eager to learn new knowledge, being able to resolve issues in a complicated situation and understand different cultures.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.