Shanghai, Shanghai, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Medical insurance
- Meal allowance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our 3,000-plus procurement and logistics employees work in more than 100 countries, to obtain and supply millions of products and services in over 200 categories from thousands of suppliers all over the world. Our goal is to create a supply base that works as an extended enterprise, creating value through continuous improvement in quality, technology, and logistics, while optimizing cost and sustainability.
ABB Motors and Generators deliver a complete range of motors, generators and mechanical power transmission products for all industries and applications. We provide the highest quality and service to our customers all around the world, with a focus on helping to use energy more efficiently.
Providing a sustainable emerging country supply base and advanced supply chain management to enable sustainable profitable growth.
- Being responsible for working with cross functional team to drive the cost reduction for the major product portfolio.
- Driving and executing cross reduction project through innovation thinking and strategic thinking.
- Making sourcing strategy and optimizing the supply base for supporting the company’s long-term business development.
- Working with Quality and SQE for improving supplier performance (OTD, DPPM, lead time etc.) and managing and monitoring the supplier portfolio and developing supplier for building the right supply base.
- Scanning the market and keep searching potential suppliers with good quality, best price, on time delivery.
- Commodity Management like monitoring the market and carrying out cost analysis within the responsible material group to clear the production process, cost driver and technical trend.
- Contributing and establishing good cooperation and communication internally and externally.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Mechanism/Automation or related fields in engineering, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in sourcing/R&D/Project management.
- Basic financial knowledge, understanding the project management process, rich project management experience will be preferred.
- Must be having strong analytical skills and good communication skills, strong negotiation skill.
- Must be fluent in English language (both speaking and writing).
- Must be self-discipline and self-motivated.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.