Hardware R&D Engineer
Xiamen, Fujian, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
- Medical insurance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works, and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
You will be a member of electrical team and be responsible for the electronics hardware related development and technical support in Xiamen, China and will be reporting to R&D Manager.
- Being responsible for the electronics hardware related development and technical support.
- Developing hardware test solutions, complete hardware testing and debugging, working with SCM in material sourcing and evaluation, AVL component and supplier setup.
- Completing relevant documentation in the product design process, e.g. Module requirement specification, Module design verification, Production test specification.
- Maintaining the design and updating according to the requirement.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or above, major in electronics, automatic controlling
- At least 3 year’s development experience in electronics Hardware development.
- Should be familiar with MCU design application like Power PC, ColdFire, ARM and the peripheral circuit on SDRAM, FLASH etc.
- Familiar with Analog and Digital circuit design, PCB layout, EMC/EMI focus, and communication protocol like Modbus, CANBUS etc.
- Familiar with the HW design tool like PADS, Altium Designer.
- Experience on sensor application, data monitoring and diagnose is preferred, Wireless communication is a plus, eg. ZigBee, WIFI, 5G, Bluetooth.
- Must be skilled to use Microsoft office, good in English listening, speaking, reading and writing ability.
- Must have a certain ability of communication and coordination, should pay attention to cooperation, and must be able withstand certain work pressure.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you continue to collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.